What To Learn From Britain: The Covid-19 Battle

The world has been tackling the Covid-19 pandemic for the past year now and it has not been easy. More than 113 million people have been infected worldwide and 2.5 million people have lost their lives to this deadly virus. Initially, when the virus started spreading, countries of Europe seemed very vulnerable. The variety of the virus in Europe was more fatal than any other present around the world. 

What To Learn From Britain: The Covid-19 Battle

The emergence of the Covid-19 virus was traced down to an animal market in Wuhan, China, and a probe done by WHO has confirmed its origins.

Britain was not far behind and became one of the worst-hit countries in no time. In November, a new strain of Covid-19 was discovered in Britain which was more transmissible. The world was aback after this new discovery. Countries like the United States, India, and many others imposed new restrictions for passengers traveling from Britain.

What To Learn From Britain: The Covid-19 Battle

The upsurge of Covid-19 cases in the United States was seen recently and all of it can be seen as the effect of the new variant strolling in the environment. Yesterday, Belgium confirmed that the new variant has become the most dominant in the country and that is why the country is seeing a rise in new cases.

This variant has spread all over and has been diagnosed in more than 70 countries. More than 40 states or 44 states to be exact in the United States of America have reported cases related to the new variant. Although the Prime Minister of Britain, Borris Johnson has levied strict regulations on the citizens with nationwide lockdown extending to June. But, even after all these measures, the new variant has stepped into the global arena.

The very critical issue was regarding the vaccine that had been developed for the variant. Scientists across the globe were worried about the incompetence of the new vaccine against the new variant. The vaccine companies Moderna and Pfizer based in the United States have been providing vaccinations in the US and other countries.

The United States has boosted its vaccination program to curb the situation of Covid-19 in the country.

The vaccination companies are sure that they need to keep working on making the vaccines more reliable as the virus is mutating and new variants are emerging around the world.

The United Kingdom’s government has pledged to provide vaccination to every adult citizen of the country. The government is administering 2.9 million vaccines every week. AstraZeneca, another vaccine manufacturer, signed a contract with Britain to make available continuous supply of the vaccine doses. The United Kingdom has spent the US $16.5 billion on the production, manufacturing and, administering of the Covid-19 vaccine.

The new cases of Covid-19 crossed the 70,000 marks for the past four consecutive days, which indicates a rising slope. The new cases have fallen steeply but they have started rising after the Americans have started stepping out. A survey found that more than 75% of Americans are using masks for facial protection in February but what about the remaining 25%. They will be more prone to the virus which can risk everybody else.

The United States has started the process of virus genetic material sequencing of the Covid-19 virus. It is an important step for knowing the process of mutation of the virus.  Various studies are being conducted across the country to collect more data on the contagiousness of the new variants of the virus.

The new variants seem to have put all the previous efforts to go in vain, but we have not given up yet. World Economies have put in all the efforts to deal with the new normal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous post UK’s Mass Vaccination Protocols Leverage Age And Not The Occupation For Covid-19 Jabs
Next post It’s Time For People With The Critical Disease To Visit Their Doctor