The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Northern War anime will be released in January 2023, in the Winter 2023 anime season.
The anime was first announced in March 2021 and was originally scheduled to premiere in 2022. However, in January 2022, it was announced that the anime would be pushed back to 2023. In September 2022, its first trailer was released, revealing the main cast of the show.
And now, more cast for the anime has been revealed, including:
- Haruhiko Jo (Don Thousand in Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II) as Grak Gromash
- Mie Sonozaki (Cynthia Moore in Great Pretender) as Jeina Storm
- Takayuki Kondo (Tetsudou Hisakawa in Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day) as Logan Mugart
- Kouki Uchiyama (Meruem in Hunter x Hunter) as Rean Schwarzer
- Inori Minase (Rem in Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-) as Altina Orion
- Jun Fukushima (Kazuma Satou in KonoSuba: God Bless This Wonderful World!) as Ivano
- Ryuichi Kijima (Mitsuki in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations) as Tack
cast and staff
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Makoto Koichi (Lugh Tuatha De in The World’s Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat) as Lavian Winslet
- Yuichi Nakamura (Gojo Satoru in Jujutsu Kaisen) as Martin S. Robinson
- Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Yuki Nonaka in The Testament of Sister New Devil) as Iseria Frost
- Yuki Ono (Jousuke Higashikata in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable) as Talion Drake
Hidekazu Sato is directing the anime at Tatsunoko Productions. Mao Emura is responsible for the series composition along with Hideki Ryōoga. Mina Osawa is designing the characters based on Shoji Harar’s original character designs. Mao Emura is also responsible for reviewing the animation history.
More about The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Northern War
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Northern War anime is based on The Legend of Heroes series known as Eiyu Densetsu in Japan. The Legend of Heroes is an RPG (Role Playing Games) video game series developed by Nihon Falcom.
The newest arc in the game is the Kuro no Kiseki arc, starting with the release of The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki in 2021.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Northern War anime is based on the Trails of Cold Steel arc that began in 2013 with The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and ended in 2018 with Trails of Cold Steel IV.
The anime takes place in the year 1205 of the Septic calendar in the western part of the continent of Zemuria. It follows a new original heroine, Lavian, as she is ordered to form a platoon with Martin, Iseria, and Talion on a daring reconnaissance mission to the Erebonian Empire in search of intel on the unknown “Hero of the Empire” threatening northern Ambria .
For more information about the series, visit the Eiyu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki official anime website.